Sunday, March 20, 2005

My Views: LEGAL SUITE

LEGAL SUITE

I completely support the stand taken by Mr. Subhash Bhende (TOI Sept 15 2004). In fact I wonder that how come any didn’t come across such an intelligent solution, to remove the voting rights of the illegal residents, a decade ago? Anyways better late than never is all I can say. If at all statistics mentioned by Mr. Jokin Arputham are true, it should be a matter of disgrace. If only 25000 illegal residents are occupying our city pavements, then we can imagine the amount of illegal land legalized by these power thirsty politicians. You walk across any road in the city like Mumbai and you are bound to come across some or the other slum colony. I ask, are these slums not illegal? If they are not, then the damage done by the politicians so far is tremendous, and it needs to be halted right now, so that the railways and the PWD don’t further lose their ever-decreasing land.
-NIMISH

No comments: