Wednesday, March 16, 2005

My Poems : From Full Stop To Coma


FROM FULL STOP TO COMA.
-NIMISH INAMDAR
8TH AUG 2003.


“Think again before taking any action,
Are you sure that you have to do this?
Look at the world from horizon to horizon,
There is so much that you are going to miss.”

“I don’t think that I am worth it all,
To this competition I really can not bend.
I have been a big loser in my life,
To all this I must put an end.”

“But will jumping from this mountain top,
Help me in the society to change my image?
Will I really be an ideal person?
Or no traces of me on the history page.”

“But how does that matter when I am no more?
No burden or tension of life.
I will be finally free from the people and the career,
And will no more be sitting on edge of knife.”

“But getting success was my only dream,
And I will be ending it soon.”
“But why should I think that people will need me?
As my birth was not any boon.”

“My parent have spent so hard on me,
And my returns are not even small.”
“But killing myself would waste their money?
And from where will the returns fall?”

“Standing alive I can at least work hard,
And struggle to restore my pride.
And I will give my best attempt to earn,
And will die with the satisfaction that ‘At least I tried’.”

He stood up from the rock dusting his pants
And moved ahead in a new confidence.
Was all set to face the world,
After forgetting about this incidence.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey nimut,

Good going mann! its a very nice poem and truly depicts what u must be going through. But as u urself have put, fighting is the way out.

The definition of success varies in the society and people believe and are guided in the direction of the tide flow. One who flows against the tide is of true merit. So we must set our goals and try to achieve them. That i think is more important and satisfying than trying to achieve goals already set by the society!

Sorry i have given u needless advise but the whole objective of my posting a comment is that i liked ur poem and want to congratulate you for that.

All the Best to u nimut and keep up the good work.

bye

shantanu

Nimish Inamdar said...

shantanu.. first of all a correction.
it isnt something that "i" went through. any reality resemblence to this poem is purely coincidental. i just put myself in what can be a mindset of a person commiting suicide.. rather a student committing suicide. someone from a typical Indian society where there is contiuous pressure of competition and success, where its an obligation or an aspiration to pay returns to ur parents. i just put myself in one such mindset and composed few lines on the background. i never went through any such situation.
and hey.. thanks a lot for ur valuable comments. and yes even for tht lesson of life. i believe in it too.
hope to c u soon here.
tc.
-NIMISH

Anonymous said...

hey nimish amazing talent! i feel ur inner spirit wants to reach to the lonesome n brighten their lives.u have actually saved lives from this poem i believe.thats a good deed u enlightened the dark!
tc
kriti .

Nimish Inamdar said...

hi kriti thanks... tht was really generous of u to post such a comment. i hope tht this enlightens few people.

Anonymous said...

mann...... tht was awesome. it is so well written and has so mch life into it. good work yaar. keep it up. hopefully u get it printed somewhere. all the best!!!!
-gauri.