Sunday, March 20, 2005

My Views: JUG'S HEAD

JUG'S HEAD (As Appeared in The Times Of India Editorial Page :Conversation with the readers)
On the bright Sunday morning I decided to read the article written by Jug Suraiya about “Indians being the ugliest face in the world”. As I went through it I started feeling sick, and till the point I had completed it, I found myself besides my washbasin vomiting. That article almost made me to decide to get the next flight and run abroad. Although Mr. Jug Suraiya ruined my bright Sunday morning, I would give him a standing ovation for bringing out this topic. Everyday when I decide to walk on the roads, I’m deep in thoughts, and those thoughts just include my plans to dodge the live and dry spits. I think we, as Indians should realize the surroundings and its importance. There should be proper measures taken by the government to control the littering. The recently started campaign to ‘fine’ anyone littering, is a complete failure, and with this pace people will continue harassing our Mother India. There is an urgent need of introducing hygiene as an independent subject in the school curriculum, where even the social behavior and mannerism should be discussed. I hope that we do act as soon as possible to these unhygienic Indian conditions, and reach a stage where we say, “Daag, Dhoondte rehjaoge.” (“Keep searching for the stain.”)

No comments: