Sunday, January 11, 2015

Simplified Complications.

Rituals bring in discipline. Discipline creates a culture. Culture nurtures behavior. Behavior defines character. Character impacts your direction in life,eventually deciding success.

Rituals are a problem when they become a burden. It's a good idea to take up tiny rituals. I see so many people cribbing about rituals. They're always nice when taken in that playful spirit. And they're always trouble when completed as a mere formality.

Let me cite an example. I have started a ritual to pray for / bless any individual other than me the moment I complete my kriya and before I open my eyes. I feel that over a period of more than a year now, this tiny ritual has made a profound change in me. I find myself more caring than what I used to be.

Now this ritual needs some hook to hook on. It can be the time before I wake up, or the time when I have my tea, or the moments before I touch the water tap. Anything can become that hook for you to remember the ritual.

The 'Tiny Changes'  initiative that was started in Cts on similar lines received a huge response. So try this out and let me know about your experiences. We all want to change the static part of our life and we have immense inertia to bring about that change. This Tiny Change initiative encourages one to take up one tiny change that you would want in yourself that would eventually build the change you want in bigger picture.

In my opinion start something right now, whether or not you care about the bigger picture. And keep it smaller so that the ritual doesn't become a burden.

So, what is the new tiny ritual that you would like to start?

1 comment:

/$iri said...

Reading a blog a day before I go to sleep..

My Tiny Ritual :D