Friday, August 14, 2009

My Dear India

My Dear India, I wish you Happy Birthday
I wish you Happy Independence Day,



I wish you a secured zone,
Where the Ganges and the Godavari play like a child.
I wish the Indus gets purified on the other side,
And the Padma-Meghna’s violent delta turns mild.

I wish the Himalayas stand tall to protect you from the yellow fever,
And your peninsula shines like a dagger,
Defending your borders with a vision of an eagle,
While claws of that of a tiger.

I wish you prosperity and growth,
Where the circular disc at center focuses on developmental politics.
I wish the investments within you gain returns very high,
And your GDP finds a growth in double digits.

I wish you electrified villages,
Where your farmer smiles when he droves his tractor,
I wish a GPS enabled device in his hand,
For him to forecast the climate factor.

I wish you 1 billion smiling faces,
All standing firm and united under the turf of your tricolour.
The tolerance level all so high,
That the saffron and green embrace at your foundation pillar.

I wish you happiness, I wish you success,
I wish you the enthusiasm to take over many.
I wish you a very happy Independence Day,
As we your children, make another tryst with the destiny.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i personally feel that expressing your thoughts/feelings in a poem requires real talent..and i must say u got one!! :)

Vinita Apte said...

You have expressed so wonderfully :) Poems are so difficult to write. Kudos to you :)

Saras said...

Behind the poem I can see a heart yearning for the betterment of his country with so much passion and pristine love for its prosperity. Excellent poem.

Faisal Kagadkar said...

nice u've integrated a lot of stuff in that..
simplistic but with a meaning..